Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ecuador on the Horizon

Greetings, friends and family,
What an intense moment in my life! Less than two weeks from now I will enter the mission field as an intern for Youth World. Between now and then I will take two tests, get my visa in Houston while visiting past dorm parents Bob and Carol Snell, speak for a local church and finish packing and preparation for leaving. Thank you all for your continued prayer and support over these past months of preparation. They have tested and tried me in many different ways. I thank God for the opportunity to serve Him whole heartedly. These next weeks will be the most stressful as I transfer to another country and adjust to a new schedule and living arrangement. Pray that I would continue to be diligent in seeking His Kingdom first each day as I am reminded of the calling I’ve received. Pray also that He will continue to provide financially as extra costs have added up. Extra Costs: -Change in tickets schedule to Ecuador ($262) -Miscellaneous Ministry expenses: Sponges, Resource Books (Worship Songs, Discipleship books) -Dress Code - Khaki pants, collar shirts, and NO Sandals. When I was at Alliance as a student, the chaplains did not have a dress code requirement, but as faculty and staff, they now must “dress-up”. Therefore, I may be picking up some proper attire once I’m in Ecuador. Current Costs: -Support is still needed. If you would like to give. Do not hesitate to jump on board with what God is doing in and through the chaplain’s office ministry. The past week was spent in Fort Worth, Texas with Alaina and her family. It was a great time despite being bed ridden for 3 days with a severe cold. Alaina and I were able to visit Dallas Theological Seminary and have a tour along with a free lunch. The school looks like a great place and could perhaps be in our future plans someday. Please continue in prayer for me as God prepares me to go to Ecuador. Pray that He would grant me the strength and wisdom to remain above reproach in my leadership and example to the students and faculty of the Alliance Academy. And that I would find the humility to work with my partners in ministry as they are my brothers and sisters there to reach people for the Kingdom. Thank you all for your prayer and support. From the bottom of my heart I am so grateful to be able to step directly from college to full-time ministry. God has truly blessed me through you. Without those that have given towards this passion and those who have grabbed ahold of this passion for the nations to speak the praises of God, I would feel much more alone in this work. Thank you. -Loren 6233 15th ave. Meridian, MS 39305 Mundo Juvenil Casilla 17-17-691 Quito, Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment