Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ecuador at Last

Greetings All,
Getting to Ecuador was a challenge to say the least.  With horrible weather in Houston, it took an extra 24 hours to get there.  The Ozaki family hosted me as well as got me to the Consulate the day of my departure to acquire my visa.  God worked it out perfectly!  
Only an hour in the consulate with no problems whatsoever.  He is incredible!
I arrived in Ecuador last Friday night around midnight as was greeted by some of my very dear friends.  It gave me such a warm feeling...you know
 what I mean?  This past week has b
een spent preparing for school to begin and getting the year
 mapped out for ministry.  The chaplain's office was rearranged by Alaina and I and I think it looks pretty good.  What do you think?
I am thrilled to be here.  Many of my friends, teachers, mentors keep asking me if it's weird to be back here.  In some ways it is, but like I told Alaina, "Could you see me doing anything else?"  Truly, this is what I have wanted to do for so long that I just thank God for allowing me to serve Him in this way.  Though He is not served by human hands as though He needed anything, I thank Him still.  Often it is where we least desire to go that He serves us best.  Already I have been stretched to place greater faith in Him as this morning I was put in charge of leading the faculty worship band for the first day of school assembly.
  Those who pray for me, thank you, it was awesome!  The group worked very well together and sounded amazing.  Piano, Bass, Percussion, 2 guitars, and 3 voices.  God blessed me by having it go so smoothly. 
Soon I will be putting together student worship teams for chapels.  There will be an application process involving spiritual and musical placement.  Pray that I would heed His directing and have the wisdom to approach each applicant with discernment and most of all love.  He loves these students so much and already I know many that are unaware of this.  Pray that I and the chaplain team will communicate the Lord's love for them in ways that we cannot fathom.  We are His.
Presently there are only two of us in the office.  Four total within a few months.  Pray that the team will grow together in purpose and common love for the students resulting in humility and effective ministry.  Pray that I can be a blessing to Adam the overseer of the Chaplain's Office and as well to the Weatherbys, the new Directors of Student Ministries at Alliance Academy.  I hope to be as helpful as I can, while encouraging them and making their jobs easier.
This evening Alaina returns to the US to begin her senior year.  It was not an easy parting, but He is sufficient.  We have not left everything that He does not want to satisfy us a hundred fold with Him.  In other words His grace is enough.  She will return here for Christmas, for which we are both thankful.  Pray that we will keep our eyes and hearts on Him as He teaches us what lessons He has.  
I lift my eyes up to the hills.  Where does my help come from?  It comes from you Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment