Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July Update

Greetings,

July is finishing and so much has happened. Just this last weekend I finished three courses. What a headache they were, but a relief to have them done and out of the way. It seems my legs have been chained to my desk. Pray that I can finish strong with three more exams to go and then I am finished.

Today was one of those days where you go a lot of places and do a lot of waiting in lines and you really don’t seem to get a lot done, but you have to keep going. The stress level was high as I worked on needed paperwork to leave the country. The unknown looms around every corner surprising me with the unexpected tasks. Fortunately Alaina has been here to go through it all with me. I’m thankful that God has allowed us to spend so much time together before I leave the country. He is faithful and takes care of our needs according to His riches in glory. So often I fight Him on what is best for me because I’m confused or experience discomfort, but He is the Father and I am the child. I pray to be reminded that He does what is best for His children because He loves us.


Raising support has been going well. The 21st of July I spoke at North Park Church here in Meridian, MS. I’ve been attending the church since I got here last August and they have enthusiastically agreed to be my sending church or “home church” for which I am very grateful. Soon I will try to have a clip from the sermon I preached on the blog. The church had what is called a Faith Promise Sunday where each person is presented with the opportunity to make a promise to give toward missions. Those who make that promise believe by faith that God will provide that amount each month so that they can give. It is a wonderful exercise in faith and comes with many good stories of how God has provided for people over the years who have committed in faith to give toward missions. This may be something you each consider as you partner with myself and others who are answering the call to missions.

I am very grateful for those who have given over the past three months. It is a very short time to raise any kind of support. Thank you so much to those who have given thus far.

Prayer:

-I have begun the Visa process a little late and need things to go quickly and smoothly over the next month or so. Pray that this will happen so that I can be in country with a mission visa and not just a tourist visa. Otherwise I will have to leave and reenter the country every 30 days. That’s expensive.

-Schooling finishing up…tests and courses will be passed and finished well.

-I’m doing a leadership seminar for a local youth group. Pray that the group will work well together and I will be able to teach concepts clearly as this is my first time doing something like this

Need:

-I am in need of a new computer. The one I have seems to be failing. I cannot use ministry money for this as it is a personal expense ($1000). Having a computer in Ecuador will be a must for communicating and day-to-day tasks such as e-mail, internet, etc. If you would like to contribute toward this send your gift to:

Loren Holland

6233 15th ave.

Meridian, MS

39305

Thank you so much and may God Bless you as you seek Him.

-Loren Holland

1 comment:

  1. great blog Lorenzo, great thoughts and a great challenge to us!
    Gow's got three more days of employment... but we are gonna let God stretch OUR FAITH... and will drop a check in the mail today to help with the comp. fund.
    thanks for the challenge and we are excited to hear how God provides for you mister.
    also- it's GREAT to hear how God is blessing you soo much with Alaina's partnership!
    it's awesome!
    k.
    praying for you two!

    ReplyDelete