Thursday, November 15, 2012

Brainless Criminal

When we were in the US two weeks ago, I was surprised when 4 pairs of shoes showed up on our doorstep in my name.  

Our first thought was someone ordered shoes to bring back to them in Ecuador.  But surely someone would have told us because shoes aren't really space savors and four pair- what was this person thinking?

Then it just got weirder.

These shoes were in my husbands size and fit him perfectly.  My husband-smart looked at the receipt to gather more information.  I was sure what I saw was a typo.

ONE pair of the black shoes sitting in front of me cost $390.  There were two pairs of those.  Then the other two pairs of leather ones were $85 each.  The total bill was $970.  ON JUST 4 SHOES.


These shoes are from this company called Mr Porter (which I didn't even know existed) and they sell ridiculously expensive clothes, shoes, and other items.  Like one pair of shoes found HERE cost (gasp for air) $1,555.  How could anyone spend that much on one pair of shoes?  They might not even wear these shoes all week, month, or year(s)!!

I can think of a lot better uses for that money.  Starving children, homeless widows, families who want to adopt but can't afford it... just to name a few.

A day later my card was charged.  Proof that it was an identity theft.  We contacted the bank and they shut down the card as we sent the shoes back.  That criminal was not thinking very hard when they sent the shoes to our address.  I am thankful they messed up!

But whoever did this reminded me that a thief is no better 

than when I ignore God.


We nod our heads in agreement that stealing someone's identity is horrible... yet do we even acknowledge how we are so busy we don't have time for God our sustainer!?

God lumps stealing in with not knowing anything about God, check it out.

Hosea 4:1-2 The Message (emphasis added)

1-2 Attention all Israelites! God’s Message!
    God indicts the whole population:
“No one is faithful. No one loves.
    No one knows the first thing about God.
All this cussing and lying and killing, theft and loose sex,
    sheer anarchy, one murder after another!

Who really is the brainless criminal?  Do I know my God?


Hosea 6:1-3 The Message (emphasis added)

1-3 “Come on, let’s go back to God.
    He hurt us, but he’ll heal us.
He hit us hard,
    but he’ll put us right again.
In a couple of days we’ll feel better.
    By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new,
Alive and on our feet,
    fit to face him.
We’re ready to study God,
    eager for God-knowledge.
As sure as dawn breaks,
    so sure is his daily arrival.
He comes as rain comes,
    as spring rain refreshing the ground.”

Are you ready to study God?

Are you craving for God-knowledge?

With my heart recently forgiven my passion is sure.  I desire more God-living.

In gratitude for justice, grace, and God,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment