Thursday, February 16, 2012

Operation De-clutter with a twist

De-clutter? Simplify? with accountability so I actually get it done?  YES sign me up! 

I will be joining a group of bloggers/normal moms who desire to make their home more organized.  If you want to join the challenge you can.  Simply click on the box above and it will take you to www.simplemom.net where it will give you more details about hot spots we are going to tackle during the deeper clean.  We will tackle only 4 projects March 5-30.  I will be posting on here before and after pictures of what I get accomplished.  I am so excited! (I know I'm a little wierd to be excited about organizing.)

Tsh (yes that is her full name) who manages the simplemom blog also wrote a book called Organized Simplicity.  I bought it last year but unfortunately haven't gotten around to tackling whats in the book yet because of having lil Z born.  But now that he is taking two naps a day and sleeps through the night- I might have time and energy.  ;-)    I strongly look forward to applying what she wrote in that book in my life as well.

One reason I love to organize is the simple fact that I probably have items laying around my house that others could really NEED and that I haven't really touched all year.  I enjoy cleaning out my closet and giving away clothes to others who would use them every day while if they stayed with me the clothes would just hang collecting dust.  What a shame.  How many shoes do I really wear?  Do I have appliances or utensils in my kitchen that someone else would need and I really could do without?  

Love those around you, tangibly.  

James 2:14-26 wrestles with FAITH and WORKS.  Can the two really be separated? Read for yourself to come to your own conclusion.             

Verse 17-18:  "Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.  But someone may well say, "you have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith BY my works.""

I love the next verse:  "You believe that God is one.  You do well; the demons also believe and shudder."

Are we just believing and not being the hands and feet God has called us to be?  Have we been blinded by mediocracy?  Have we been maimed by complacency?  

Let me know if you want to join the simplify challenge with me and take it a step further to GIVE to those in real need!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment