Friday, November 4, 2011

STOP


When was the last time you stopped-

~to think and enjoy God?
~to spend time with your family- even if it wasn't 'productive'
~to read a good book that inspired you?

Life with a newborn has taught me a few lessons and Zane is only a little over a month old. I have realized how busy I was before he was born. Well- now with midnight feedings and midday feedings and feedings in between it has forced me to STOP. Every 2 and a half hours I STOP whatever I'm doing- even if it is sleeping to feed precious Zane. During this past month I have enjoyed getting to catch up on my reading, my time with God, and cuddle with my little boy.

I had about 6 books on my shelf (and on my kindle) I wanted to read but never 'had the time.' I have read 'Radical' by David Platt which was an excellent book about missions and how to radically change your life for God. I also just finished 'the Help' by Kathryn Stockett which was about racial segregation back in the '60's.

Do you notice that when a baby is in the room it seems like all eyes just STOP and watch the baby? It doesn't matter if the baby is sleeping or awake. It made me wonder about when our baby grows into a toddler, child, teenager, and grown man... will we sit and just spend TIME together? Will we STOP our busy productive lives and allow some staring *hopefully with some conversation. ;-)
I have truly enjoyed getting to spend this time with my son and my husband. We are learning how to balance life now with a person who needs us so much.
I have enjoyed watching Loren play, talk, and comfort Zane. Loren helps me with dirty diapers and he will take the screaming baby away for an hour so I can get some rest. He is a true gift from God and I am very much in love with him.

Most importantly do we STOP and listen to God? Do we give the God who created us the time of day? (that He designed!) I am learning that God is the source of my strength through this difficult phase in life. I have been thankful for having to STOP. Although its been hard, makes me sleepy, and somewhat depressing at times.

Please don't wait until you have a newborn (or have the excuse those years are long gone) to make you STOP. Enjoy every moment of life in the stage your in... even if it's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment