Wednesday, December 14, 2011

jogging around is dangerous

Stay at home mom- enjoying being able to serve my family when

up...
high altitude breathing...
down...
around...
dodge poop...
up steps...
down hill...
huge hole...
tree...
up hill ("i think i can" book running in my head)...
curving...
planning my rout...
sure isn't bor------ twist

face plant.

know right away i cant stand up. 3 blocks from my house.

4th week of running after having baby and it felt so good. Got me out of the house alone, fresh air, and exercise.

Gave me such energy to clean my house, cook dinner, and plan events with people.

Now- I sit on our couch. Feed Zane-change his diaper-put him to bed. (right beside the couch because I can't walk with him anywhere).
Missing my 20 min morning run. Why did I twist my ankle... 3rd day still swollen and barely can put pressure on it.

Having to cancel going to Christmas events. NOOOO! All that delicious food and games...
Canceling meeting with the girls I mentor... NO! Lord- that is what I'm here for... right?!
What I found I could be accomplished in was taken from me just from one morning run.
Crawling to the bathroom...talk about humbling.

I am so thankful for my Husband. He has been serving ME- the stay at home mom- while still working his job. He does his meetings and tasks during the day with many breaks to come check on how we are doing. He texts me regularly to see if I need anything. Cooks me breakfast in bed and dinner on the couch. Cleans our house, gives Zane a bath, gathers my snacks. I know I am causing him way more work than help right now. Yet he has reminded me of a few of my favorite recent found quotes.

"By walking away from a busy, accomplishment-oriented society into a quiet world of deep relationship, service, and home life, I will establish a far reaching legacy that extends throughout many generations" -Laura Booz

"Your loving touch, patient service, sacrifice of time today, this week, is not in vain. It is a service of worship to the One who laid down His own life in moments of time." -Sally Clarkson

God reminded me of this verse: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 Therefore we do not give up; even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day. 17 For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. 18 So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Thank you Loren- for your example. The Holy Spirit is taking away what I could do 'on my own' and reminding me it's about serving HIM. Not getting things checked off my list.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alaina thank you for the sweet and humbling reminder of what really honors our God and our husbands...contentment to not be all things to all people! Maybe I need to take a jog and get some of that energy! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete