Saturday, October 9, 2010

In Joy and Sorrow

Greetings Everyone, I can't believe we haven't updated anything since August 23rd. The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away. In that amount of time we found out we were pregnant with our first child! The joy of telling everyone and having a community of believers around us rejoicing was probably the highlight of my life so far. Last Thursday we found out that the baby had died. How could we not be blown away? Doctors and friends have comforted us and given welcomed counsel. A good friend and mentor encouraged the question, "What could God want from us?" As I wrestle with this question along with all the sorrow that rolls like sea billows, He has assured me that He is doing what is best for His Name. Alaina and I have found our delight in Him, nothing this world offers could every satisfy as He has. No matter what He gives or takes away, in eternity, just to know that He is mine and I am His is enough. Thank you all for your prayers. We look forward to begin trying for a child again ASAP! -Loren and Alaina

1 comment:

  1. Loren and Alaina,

    Your faith is such an encouragement. Know that Danielle and I both will be praying for you during this time.

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete