Friday, January 23, 2009

Extended Hearts

     When I was in High School I began a relationship with an artisan vendor named Carlos Remache who sold things across the street from the school here in Ecuador. During high school I got to know him through buying Ecuadorian gifts from him to give others. Once he asked me if I could help him with getting some back backs from some boys in his community about three hours north of Quito. At the time I was happy to help him out though I didn't even know him that well. The backpacks were for two boys whom he has been discipling for several years now. When he asked me to help the boys with the two gifts the boys were in early primary school. Now they are beginning secondary. Last semester my friend told me the boys had worn the backpacks out from years of use and were very much in need of new ones. Again I was happy to help him as I have many supporters who have freely given so that I can freely give to those in need here in Ecuador. As you have given know that two boys here in Ecuador as well as a Quichua Alliance Pastor, Carlos Remache are receiving blessings that they could never afford.
This first picture show one of the boys, Juan Carlos, on the left kneeling and Carlos Remache on the right standing over them.  The bottom photo is the second boy, Luis Humberto, with one of his backpack.
     Carlos Remache just finished his title in biblical studies to be an Alliance Pastor for his town.  He already has missionary dreams and visions of his own to reach his people.  Continue to keep him and his wife and sons in your prayers.  From time to time I help them out with other expenses such as medicines, bus fares, etc.  He is hoping to get into the Alliance Quichua seminary that meets at the school as soon as the Lord permits.
    Thank you all for playing a part in helping out the brothers who are doing such a great work in their own country.  
May the Lord Bless and keep you.
-Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment