Monday, December 19, 2011

Carry me...


My brother Mirike carried his bride Amber to his truck after they got married this last November.
Looking back on that photo it made me think... a lot.

Many times in our marriage we have to carry each other.

God designed it that way.
When I sprained my ankle at the beginning of this week, Loren, my groom had to carry me up 4 flights of stairs. Emotionally we carry each other through struggles. When my husband is overwhelmed- I pray I can carry him well. When I hit rock bottom, he is there for me.

I am so thankful that my husband carries me to Immanuel, God with us.
Through the unknown when we were raising support to come to Ecuador and had no home- He carried us.
Through tragedy when we lost our first baby, he carried us.
Through pain when we sinned against each other and Him, He was right there with open arms of forgiveness.
Through fears that financially we can't go on anymore- Immanuel provides for our needs.
When we don't have the strength to continue Immanuel, God with us, carries us both. Through joy of having our son, Immanuels strong arms wraps around us.


Have you recognized Immanuel in your life?
GOD is with YOU.
with YOU.
YOU.

God devised a plan so that we who are estranged from Him can be lifted back into his arms like a groom carries his bride. Husband and wives- we are painting a picture to the world that screams glory to God or hatred to Him. May your marriage reflect the unconditional love God shows us.

Thank you Mirike and Amber for the sweet reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. An awesome reminder of Emmanuel God with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete